This website is run by the Department for Education (DfE).
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet (opens in a new window or tab) has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
Contact us if you:
- need information on this website in a different format, like accessible PDF or large print
- find any accessibility problems or want to bring any accessibility issues to our attention
We’ll aim to get back to you within 5 working days: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (opens in a new window or tab).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The DfE is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Currently, this website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (opens in a new window or tab) AA standard, due to content that’s not fully accessible.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 18th November 2022 by the DfE development team who built the website.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We plan to provide new functionality to this service and as part of its development we will review its accessibility.
We will also continuously review the accessibility and update this statement when necessary.
This statement was prepared on 25 October 2022.